Sunday, August 19, 2012

BUSY BAGS!!

With 3 boys so close in age, we tend to have a lot of dr appts - well checks, sick visits, ENTs, Audiologists, speech, etc. Waiting rooms can sometimes get a bit chaotic when our little circus rolls in.  I was always good about grabbing a toy and/or book and tossing it in my diaper bag before leaving but that never really kept them engaged for more than 4 seconds! Afterall, the offices usually have germ filled books and toys that they don't get to play with all the time. Why would they want to play with what I brought?!  I decided we needed special things to keep them occupied that I could bring out specifically for times just like this. Maybe, just maybe, I could keep them focused on something other than the toy that the flu-stricken child in the waiting room just licked?!
So welcome to my first post in my BUSY BAG SERIES


A few paint sample cards and clothes pins are all you need! Just cut off a thin strip of each color and glue on to the clothespin. Voila! You now have a color matching game and a fine motor skill activity! If you have a laminating machine, it helps to laminate the paint cards - just in case a 3 & 4 year old start to have a tug of war while forgetting for just a moment about turn taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment